Summer is the ideal time of the year to indulge in your favourite fruits. While fruit bowls and custards are regular features at most homes, you can also rustle up some decadent desserts using fresh ingredients. One of the most popular sweet treats of all times is the delicious cheesecake. But most people stay away from it because it is not considered to be the healthiest of options. Nutritionist Pooja Makhija, however, is about to change this with her special mango cheesecake recipe. In a video that the expert shared on Instagram, Pooja said that this was one of the healthiest recipes that she has come up with. “I am telling you this is the best, healthiest dessert I’ve ever made! And it was soooooo good!” the caption read.
The ingredients that go into the yummy dish include:
Hung curd -2 cups
Organic stevia powder -1tsp
Vanilla extract – 1/4tsp
Mango – 1
Cherries – handful
Walnut -5-6 halves.
Here are the steps as described by Pooja Makhija in the video:
- Take hung curd in a bowl. Make sure that the curd is hung for 3 or 4 hours to make it super dense.
- Add some natural stevia to the curd.
- Add vanilla extract and whisk till super smooth.
- Add half of the hung curd to a bowl. Line the bowl with a cooking sheet before you add the curd to enable easy extraction.
- Next, add a layer of sliced or chopped mangoes.
- Top this with the other half of the hung curd.
- Next, pit some cherries using a chopstick and crush some walnuts.
- Add the walnuts to the topmost layer and decorate with cherries.
Pooja recommends refrigerating the desert overnight before adding toppings and then serving it. She wrote in the video, “Oh my god! This was divine. I think I am getting good at this.”
Watch The Full Video Of The Dessert Recipe By Pooja Makhija Here:
Recently, the celebrity nutritionist shared a recipe to make vegan bacon. The recipe is also the perfect example of sustainable eating as it uses banana peel — an often discarded ingredient — to make the delicious snack.
“Healthy, good for your heart, super high in fibre. Using the banana peels not only tastes yum but also avoids plant wastes,” she wrote.
Tell us what you think of Pooja Makhija’s innovative recipes.