Do you find it difficult to start your day without your cup of coffee? Or is it your go-to stress-buster? Whether you are a coffeeholic or an occasional coffee buff, the side effects of the caffeine shot can often get you worried. However, if you stay informed about the best ways to have your favourite cup, you’ll have less to worry about with every sip. The best practices range from choosing the best beans to adjusting coffee intake in relation to your meals. Life coach Luke Coutinho shared some of these precious tips and tricks on Instagram and we’ve got them covered for you.
Luke has suggested ways to make your cup of coffee healthier. His mantra is to keep it simple and real. Also beware of overdoing because, according to Luke, “Anything in excess is a bad thing and not needed.”
Coffee is a widely consumed beverage all over the world
Here are the tips he shared:
1. Choose the right beans. Use good quality coffee beans for your daily cup and make sure they are devoid of chemicals.
2. No sugar and artificial sweetener. Have it plain or use raw jaggery or stevia if required.
3. Use real cream. Ditch artificial creams as they contain high levels of corn fructose and trans fat.
4. Add a pinch of cinnamon. It not only enhances the flavour but also helps to control blood sugar levels.
5. Use a pinch of cardamom powder. It can help to cut the acidity used by coffee.
6. Don’t have it on an empty stomach. Coffee is highly acidic and a strong stimulant. Therefore, stop yourself from grabbing a cup of coffee the first thing in the morning.
7. Eat, then drink. Food in your stomach will help to balance the drink.
8. But remember that spicy food and coffee are a bad pair.
There is a high number of coffee drinkers in India as well
9. Drink water. Within 10 minutes of your intake, gulp down some water to replenish body fluids. Remember, coffee isn’t counted as helping your hydration levels.
10. No evening coffee. The cortisol and adrenaline content in it can interfere with melatonin, which is associated with sleep. Coffee intake post afternoon may hamper sleeping patterns.
11. Let it cool down. It’s preferable to not consume boiling hot drinks and the same goes for coffee.
12. Remember that a fast with coffee is not a fast.
13. Take it slow and enjoy. Make it a “real” coffee break. Step back, connect with the drink and relish it.
You can check out Luke’s post here:
Hope these pointers only help you to enjoy your cuppa even better.