Remember how baking sourdough bread was all the rage during lockdown last year? Well, in addition to that we also remember looking for recipes to jazz it up so we could fulfil all our cravings in a way that wouldn’t lead to too many cheat days. Now, celebrity fitness trainer Yasmin Karachiwala has provided us with a solution that’s not just healthy and tasty, but also really easy to make. In an Instagram Reels, no longer than 20 seconds, she demonstrated how to put together a quick Bruschetta on sourdough bread. The dish looked so vibrantly appetizing that we couldn’t help but jot down the recipe immediately. The best part about Yasmin’s recipe is that it only requires ingredients that are super simple and readily available in almost any kitchen. Plus, you don’t even need a flame or any heat. Easy, right?
Here’s the full recipe to make bruschetta on sourdough bread by celebrity fitness trainer Yasmin Karachiwala:
- Finely chop one whole tomato and put the chopped pieces in a mixing bowl.
- Add to that 2 teaspoons of basil leaves.
- Finely chop half an onion and add that to the mix.
- After that, take two cloves of garlic, chop them finely and add that to the mixing bowl.
- Now add one teaspoon of olive oil to the bowl and mix all the ingredients thoroughly with a spoon.
- Then, take a slice of sourdough bread and evenly distribute the topping mix over it.
- Top it all off with some balsamic vinegar and you’re good to go.
Take a look at the full recipe video here:
Run out of sourdough bread at home? Don’t worry, this recipe will show you how you can bake your own sourdough bread in only 10 minutes.
This Instagram Reels is part of the Tuesday Treat series where the fitness expert shares quick and easy-to-cook recipes on the social media platform. Last Tuesday we were gushing over Yasmin’s recipe for a one-minute healthy chocolate cookie that involved simple ingredients such as banana, peanut butter, gluten-free flour and dark chocolate chip. This recipe is perfect if you are on a vegan diet.
Watch the video here:
Very few things scream self-care the way making these delish and healthy treats for yourself does; especially when the time, energy and money required for them is so minimal.
Did you try Yasmin Karachiwala’s bruschetta recipe? Let us know in the comments below how it tasted and if you’ll make it again.